About us

Our Priority Areas

We have five priority areas that make up 80 per cent of our work, leaving 20 per cent to be responsive to the changing policy environment. These areas were selected because they are areas where the problem is large-scale; there is policy interest; there is need for further evidence either to be generated and/or consistently used; and there is the best potential for achieving impact.

Domestic Abuse

Children deserve to life free from domestic abuse but we lack the evidence about how to protect children from this severe and widespread issue

Supporting Parenting

Children should benefit from supportive, compassionate parenting that sets them up for success

Strengthening family networks

We want to see children and young people supported by their family to develop and thrive, and to be safely in their homes with their families as much as possible

Relationships for care experienced children

The ‘cliff edge’ some children experience when leaving care can be isolating and lonely – we want to better understand how to support children in developing relationships that last when they leave care

Service and practice models

How services are organised can directly influence the children and families receiving those services and failures can have devasting consequences


Our latest findings, research and reports

Learning from peer support in reducing parental conflict

Lighthouse Parenting Programme

Latest News

Read our latest news and blogs


April 9, 2024

Holding our nerve: what the Sure Start findings tell us about how to deliver effective early intervention


March 21, 2024

Changemakers: supporting local leaders to bridge the gap between evidence & practice 

Keep Up to Date

Sign up to receive our newsletter for the latest news, events and research from from Foundations

You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link in the footer of our emails. For information on how we process your personal data please review our privacy policy.